Monday, March 07, 2011

"Paradigm Shifts of Life"........!!!!!!!!



So many times have you had experienced one of those “ah-ha” moments where forthwith before the moment you were sold out in one way of thinking and immediately after the moment your direction of thought was 180 degrees different. Those instants as it relates to your philosophy on life is what I call “The Great Paradigm Shifts of Life.”I was an individual who achieved a college degree and influenced someone to give me a job that most people would work for the rest of their lives comfortably. As such I regarded myself as successful. Immediately after this great paradigm shift I realized that the label of success I had given myself was relative to a mediocre bar. By raising the bar I raised my expectations, redefined my criteria for success and restarted my success quest. Therein lays the great paradigm shift.
George Arliss said once that “Humility is the only true wisdom by which we prepare our minds for all the possible changes of life.” 
Recognize you have limitations. Assess yourself honestly and commit to getting better. Appreciate your talents but appreciate the fact that there’s always room for improvement.Acknowledge your mistakes and make corrections even if those corrections require reaching out to someone more talented or experienced than you. Know that no matter how good you are there’s always someone who is better. Don’t think so high of yourself to believe that you can’t seek help. Know that there are always others who are willing to assist you. If you so happen to be the very best in the world at a particular thing know that there are other areas in which you can improve. 


 Be Aware. Where ever you are. Be aware of your surroundings. Be aware of your thoughts. Be aware of your beliefs. It’s often said that when most people are at home they think about work and when they are at work they think about home. It’s one of my firmest beliefs that everything happens for a reason. It’s not always a reason that we can readily identify but a reason nonetheless. Instead of just hearing the words, absorb the message. Instead of just reading the text grasp the meaning.
By being humble, ready to entertain new ideas and aware with a purport of excellence you create an environment conducive to experiencing the great paradigm shifts of life...........!!!!! 

PS- This is not my idea just I liked it & thought to share it so I took it from http://www.walterwrites.com/blog/?p=4

No comments:

Post a Comment